Wednesday, January 2, 2013

DIY: My sister's wedding


My sister got married on New Year's Eve! I'm so happy for the adorable couple. My sister looked absolutely amazing and her groom looked so handsome in his tux and bow tie.

Me with my sissies.


Since it was on New Year's Eve, they went with that theme and had so many cute touches throughout the day like champagne with little tinsel skewers in it during cocktail hour, mini champagnes as the favors and meal indicators and of course, as midnight approached, they handed out all sorts of fun new years props like hats, noisemakers, leis, glasses and crowns.

They brought in McDonald's cheeseburgers and fries as a late night snack! 


I helped throughout the planning process by making the save the dates, invites and most of the signage that they used throughout the day, so I thought I would share some of the goodies.

Save the date:


This is just the back side, but the front is just a photo of the couple. It was an oversized postcard in an envelope. 

Invitations:


My sister wanted something very clean and simple for the invite. They had a calligrapher do their names and then we worked with a variety of fonts on the invitation. Everything was printed on a bright white card stock.

Information card:


RSVP:


They circled the number of people the invitation was for. 

I also made a few other things:

They had a wish tree for their guest book so this told people what they should do. My sister put one of the actual tags in the empty space on the page and framed it. 


A fun sign! 

I also did some other stuff like table numbers, beverage signs for the bar, one for the Oreo cookie groom's cake, etc. Simple stuff that just let people know what they should be doing :) 

It was a truly magical day and a great way to spend New Year's Eve! Now if only I could have such an amazing New Year's Eve celebration every year! 


My own groom and my devil eyes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment