Thursday, July 26, 2012

HOTT: High On Thrifting Thursday: July 26

Today I'm participating in Mandy's High On Thrifting Thursday! I've been following Mandy's blog for a long time now (her daughter Harper is the cutest thing ever!) and am always jealous of the awesome stuff she finds at thrift stores. I've been pretty lucky to find some awesome things at Goodwill myself, so this week, I finally planned ahead and worked up my thrifting finds from last Sunday.

As I've previously mentioned, I usually only go to Goodwill on Sunday because they have the 50% off sale on a certain color tag. This weekend was blue tags and of course, nothing I wanted had a blue tag.

So, I ended up buying three shirts that were $4.99 each, which is a little more than I would normally spend on a shirt at Goodwill, but I liked the shirts and they were Gap, JCrew and Calvin Klein, which would normally cost WAY more than $5, so I figured they were worth it.

Calvin Klein Tie Dye T-shirt, $4.99

Gap Striped Sweater, $4.99

JCrew Tank, $4.99

The only craft related thing I got was a huge elementary school style laminated map of the United States. It was only $1.99!

(This is pretty much what it looks like)

I don't know exactly what I'm going to do with it, but with so many map projects out on Pinterest right now, I know I can come up with something. Otherwise, wouldn't it be cool for a kid's room to have a huge map on one wall? 

Some ideas:


If I decide to cut up the map, I could see myself doing a project like this:


Or this:




No comments:

Post a Comment